Sunday, May 19, 2013

Super Mario Nursery

Before we even found out the gender of our second child we decided to make a list of options for the nursery. With our first we really didnt want to find out the gender so we went with something neutral like animals and ended up doing a whole giraffe theme which came out pretty awesome.


We never got around to making a list if it would be a girl since the theme I picked could go either way (Dr. Seuss) and my wonderful husbands theme was super mario. Since he really had no idea who Dr. Seuss was or read any of the books and on top of that finding out we were expecting a boy, Super Mario it was. 

Going through pinterest and googling super mario nursery I came up with a few ideas to make our little ones nursery unique. 



Since we live on military housing I opted out of painting the walls since it was such a pain to cover up the wonderful polka dots of my daughter room in our old rental when we were stationed at Fort Bliss. We choose to use decals that we found at thinkgeek.com. The curtains I made from fabric I found at spoonflower.com (btw is the most awesome website for cool fabrics but super expensive). I backed them with blackout curtains I took apart since we had so many left over curtains from our old place. The crib, changing table, and glider were from my daughters nursery ( shes in a big girl bed now :-D ). The big leaf, storage unit, and hanging storage we bought at Ikea. I'm in love with this nursery i cant believe it came out so great for not that much money. I am really thankful for my family who purchased all of the linens, toys and clothes that are over flowing in all the drawers and closet in this room. If you are reading this, I love you very much! This is all for now check back next week, hopefully I have a really great project for you guys to check out! 

Brianna

1 comment: